VIRTUAL TRAINING POLICY
When registering for a virtual training class, a zoom link and course materials will be sent by email one-week prior to class date. Students agree that they will comply with BRAR’s virtual training policy when registering for a class.
When attending a virtual class with BRAR, all students must adhere to the following regulations:
- A BRAR staff member will be monitoring each class.
- Failure to comply with any of the regulations may result in forfeiture of CE/PLE credit.
- Students may be removed/”kicked out” and restricted from further entry
- If a student is disqualified/restricted, late, and/or misses more than the allotted time window, no refund will be granted.
- Students must register and pay for classes through the BRAR’s membership system portal.
- Upon receipt of one-week reminder, please register using the Zoom link to receive Zoom class login information. Please feel free to print your course materials or download and save them on your device with the course materials link that is provided.
- Students should plan to enter the training 5-10 minutes before the slated class start time to ensure entry to Zoom.
- Students will be placed in a “waiting room” until the class begins. You may be muted upon class entry.
- Students will not be permitted entry if more than 10 minutes late to the start of class.
- You will be disqualified from receiving CE/PLE credit if you leave the class early,
- Remember your cameras are required to be on during the entirety of the class.
- Please make sure you are attending the class from a “professional” setting and are dressed appropriately.
- Students are responsible for the performance of their own technology including audio volume, video clarity, and a reliable internet connection. Please visit www.zoom.com to obtain specifications for your computer and internet.
- You MUST connect with a device that has a video/audio connection. You MUST be visible on screen to meet Virginia REB requirements for continuing education credit for the entirety of the class. Failure to be visible may result in disqualification and removal from the class.
- The camera on the computer must remain stable and UNMOVED during the live training.
- Students may not share their computer with another student.
- Students may be muted at any point of the class by the host, instructor, or BRAR staff member. If you have been muted, BRAR asks that you remain muted unless addressed directly. This helps with overall class learning and communication.
- All students are required to fully participate and engage in class discussions and polls. A BRAR staff member will be monitoring the class for participation and engagement.
- Students may not be driving while participating in a class. Students who are seen driving will be removed and disqualified from the class.
- Students may not participate in other computer-based work while attending the class.
- Students may not take phone calls during class. Breaks will be allotted during each class.
- Please remove/limit distractions (i.e. pets, family members, music, TVs, etc.)
- The chat function will be available to students should they have questions or comments related to the class topic and materials. A BRAR staff member will be monitoring the chat box.
- Students will be responsible for completing a course evaluation and returning the document within 24–hours of completing the training. This is required to receive credit for the training.
- Earphones are a plus, for clarity.
- Keep your device plugged in so your battery doesn’t die, and you don’t get knocked out of the class. If it does, you will be counted absent during the time you are not on camera. More than five minutes could result in your being locked out and not given credit.
- We must be able to see you through your camera in order to certify that you are present. Please ensure that there is enough light in the room and that you are clearly visible.
- When the class is over, be sure to select the option to “leave” the meeting.
- If you have any questions before your virtual class, please reach out to Receptionist@brarva.com
- If you need technological support with your course, the Virginia REALTORS® Tech Helpline may be able to help.