In-Person Classes Forming Now
Set your own hours, work with people and have limitless income potential!
Don’t delay, begin that new life now!
Virginia State Licensing Requirements for Agents and Brokers
- 18 years of age
- Complete and pass the 60-hr Principles of Real Estate Course
- Register for and pass the PSI Virginia State and National Exam
- Get fingerprinted and have a state-wide criminal history check completed.
The first step in starting your career in real estate in Virginia is obtaining a license. Below are some quick facts about the requirements to obtain and renew a Virginia State Real Estate License.
- The requirements for a real estate salesperson license in Virginia include being at least 18 years of age and having successfully completed 60 hours of approved real estate courses, plus passing the State and National portions of the salesperson examination.
- All real estate agent applicants need to apply for their license within one year of passing the examinations, or re-examination will be required.
- The application fee for a real estate salesperson is $170.00.
- All reciprocity applicants are required to take the Virginia state portion of the real estate exams before they can practice real estate in Virginia. The examination is handled by the PSI Examination Service. Salesperson applicants need to provide proof that they have been actively engaged for at least 40 hours per week as a real estate licensee during 12 of the preceding 36 months, or provide proof of having successfully completed at least 60 hours of approved real estate courses. Real estate broker applicants need to provide proof that they have been actively engaged for at least 40 hours per week as a real estate licensee during 36 of the preceding 48 months.
Ready to begin a career in real estate?
Don’t know where to start? Begin by choosing the right school to attend, an essential step to getting a successful start to your new career.